Hablamos Español
Our team
Contact us
Your Questions
Confirmation Code Confirmation Code
Immigration Dictionary

  • K
    -1 Visa:
    A K-1 Visa is a nonimmigrant type of visa required by a fiance or fiancee of citizens of the United States who plan to come to America. The purpose of a K-1 Visa is permission to enter with the purpose of getting married. The K-1 Visa is designed to permit those individuals into the country who have become engaged but have not yet married. It also agrees to let a United States citizen travel to the United States to get married. It is not, however, available for the fiances or fiancees of permanent residents (Green Card Holders). Someone applying for a K-1 Visa must intend to marry an American citizen, have met the person during the past 2 years (exceptions are made based on cultural customs and extreme hardships) and be legally able to marry the individual. The wedding must take place within 90 days of arrival. [ more ]
  • K
    -2 Visa:
    A K-2 Visa is a nonimmigrant type of visa. It applies to the unmarried children of a K-1 Visa holder. The unmarried children must be younger than 21 years of age, making them minors under the law. Achievement of this type of Visa requires proof of relationship, Form DS-156, a birth certificate, Form I-134, an affidavit of support and a medical exam. Once the K-1 Visa holder marries, the K-1 Visa holders can apply for green cards. The K-1 Visa holder parent must marry by the end of 90 days. If the K-1 parent fails to do so, the K-1 Visa holders have 30 days to leave. There is no extension of this visa. If the K-1 parent does marry within the allotted time, however, the K-2 Visa holder can attend school and/or work. The latter is possible upon completion of Form I-765, the Employment Authorization Study. [ more ]
  • K
    -3 Visa:
    The K-3 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa. The applicant for a K-3 Visa must be a foreign national spouse residing outside of the United States. The spouse must be married legally to a citizen of the United States who has filed both a fianc� (or fianc�e) visa petition, or a separate application to enter the United States. These petitions must be pending. The K-3 Visa permits the holder to stay with his or her spouse while he or she awaits the availability of an immigration visa. He or she can apply for a work permit using Form I-1765 (Employment Authorization). A holder of a K-1 Visa can also study. There are not travel limitations. A holder can leave and re-enter the United States on short trips. A K-3 Visa lasts for a period of 2 years. A holder can, however, apply for an extension of stay using Form I-539. [ more ]
  • K
    -4 Visa:
    The K-4 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa. This type of visa applies to the children of someone with a K-3 Visa. To qualify, the children must be both unmarried and minor under 21 years of age. A K-4 Visa allows the children to reside in the United States while waiting for an immigration visa to become available. Under a K-4 Visa, the holder lives with his or her family. The K-4 Visa holder can attend school and study. He or she can also travel outside the country on short trips and return without incident. A K-4 holder may also apply for work using Form I-765. The K-4 Visa is not a permanent visa. It has a duration of 2 years. The holder, however, can obtain an extension if she or he files within 120 days of the due date. Each extension of the K-4 Visa lasts 2 years. [ more ]
DeclarationSite MapUseful Links
©1984 - 2024 Immigration Express All rights reserved. Designed by Dream Express Outsourcing Inc. 沪ICP备07502454号-9