Hablamos Español
Our team
Contact us
Your Questions
Confirmation Code Confirmation Code
Immigration Dictionary

  • L
    -1 Visa:
    An L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa document which allows companies that operate both in and out of the U.S. to transfer certain classes of employees from its foreign operations to their U.S. operations for a period of up to seven years. The L-1 visa allows said workers to relocate to the companies United States headquarters as long as they have worked abroad for the company for at least one full year before the L-1 visa is granted. The United States office where the employee will work must be a parent, child or sister company to the foreign company. The two types of employees that may be sponsored for a U.S. L-1 visa are managers/executives, and employees that have special knowledge about the workings of the company. However, the definition of what these two positions actually are is quite defined, and a list of duties required of those that hold the positions must be provided in order to obtain an L-1 visa. [ more ]
  • L
    -2 Visa:
    An L-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa document that a dependent spouse or a minor unmarried child of a legal L-1 holder my use to enter the United States. The validity of the L-2 visa is only good as long as the L-1 visa is valid. When the time duration of the L-1 holder's visa expires the L-2 visa expires also. If you are an L-2 visa holder you may work full-time in the U.S. as long as you have the proper employment authorization from the USCIS. The law requires that the USCIS issues employment authorization documents within a 90 day period. If you are a dependent child of an L-1 visa holder you are not allowed to apply for employment authorization if you hold an L-2 visa. You are, however, entitled to study on a full-time basis and travel in and out of the United States on shorts trips. [ more ]
  • L
    awful Permanent Resident (Lpr):
    An LPR, or a Lawful Permanent Resident, is a person that has been granted the right to live in the United States as an immigrant as long as you are in accordance with all pertinent immigration laws. It is possible to lose your Lawful Permanent Resident if you remain outside of the United States longer than you are supposed to. Once this happen, your Green Card is no longer valid and it will not be honored, and you must file for a reentry permit. If you have been temporarily out of the country and are returning to the United States you must present you Green Card to gain entrance back in. There is no set timeframe with which to define a temporary leave. Each case is considered with regard to the facts surrounding the length of absence on a case-per-case basis. If you do not have the required documentation to get back into the United States you may apply for a waiver if you can show good cause for failure to have proper documentation. [ more ]
  • L
    egalized Aliens:
    Legalized aliens are certain illegal aliens who are eligible to apply for a temporary residence status. This eligibility language can be found in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. More specifically, the legalization provision found within the act. The required criteria and a person must meet in order to apply to be granted legalized alien status is as follows. Applicant must have maintained continuous residence in the United States illegally since January 1, 1982. Applicant must not be excludable, and must have entered the country before January 1, 1982 or have been a temporary visitor before that same date, and have had their authorization status expire before that date or if the government has knowledge that they were here prior to that date. There are two stages associated with legalized aliens. The first is temporary, and the second it permanent. [ more ]
  • L
    IFE :
    Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE) of 2000 [ more ]
DeclarationSite MapUseful Links
©1984 - 2022 Immigration Express All rights reserved. Designed by Dream Express Outsourcing Inc. 沪ICP备07502454号-9