Hablamos Español
Our team
Contact us
Your Questions
Confirmation Code Confirmation Code
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

EB-1B Outstanding Researcher/Professor

EB-1 is an employment-based petition for permanent residence reserved for those who are among the most able and accomplished in their respective fields within the arts, sciences, education, business, or sports. There are three (3) types of EB-1 petitions:

Alien of Extraordinary Ability EB-1A
Outstanding Researcher/Outstanding Professor EB-1B
Managers and Executive Transferees EB-1C

EB-1 Advantages
1. Not subject to labor certification requirement, total processing time is much shorter than the other employment-based preference.
2. Allotted about 40,000 annual visas, plus any visas unused in the 4th and 5th employment-based preference.
3. Immediate family member can also immigrate with the employment-based immigration. No separate immigration visa petition is required.
4.  Alien of extraordinary ability may petition for himself/herself without employers. No requirement on job offer.

An "Outstanding Researcher or Professor" EB-1B petition is for those who are internationally recognized as outstanding in a particular scientific or scholarly field

There are three main requirements for "Outstanding Researcher/Professor"


To qualify, the alien must prove that he or she is internationally recognized as outstanding in the specific field by satisfying at least two of the following criteria:
1. Receipt of major prizes or awards;
2. Membership in associations which require outstanding achievements;
3. Published material in professional journals written by others about the alien;
4. Participation as a judge of the work of others in the field;
5. Original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the field;
6. Authorship of scholarly books or articles in journals with international circulation in the field.

Three Years Experience
The alien must have at least three years of experience teaching or researching in his field. This may include experience gained while working for the employer petitioner and any combination of teaching or researching totaling three years.

A Permanent Research or Teaching Position Job Offer
Generally, the job offer is given by a university or other similar academic or scientific institution, but it can also be offered by a private employer. If the offer is from a private employer, the employer must have at least three full-time researchers along with accompanying documentation supporting their accomplishments within the field

DeclarationSite MapUseful Links
©1984 - 2022 Immigration Express All rights reserved. Designed by Dream Express Outsourcing Inc. 沪ICP备07502454号-9