Hablamos Español
Our team
Contact us
Your Questions
Confirmation Code Confirmation Code
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

N-470 Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes


A permanent resident alien who must leave the United States for certain employment purposes may receive extended absence benefits to preserve his/her status as an immigrant in order to pursue naturalization.
The Requirements include:

1. He or she has been physically and residing in the U.S. as a permanent resident for an uninterrupted period of one year prior to the absence.

2. He or she will be employed abroad by or under contract with:

a) the U.S. government

b)a U.S. research institute

c)a U.S. corporation or majority-owned subsidiary of a U.S. corporation engaged in the development of foreign trade and commerce or

d)an international organization (for which the alien was not employed prior to becoming a permanent resident ) of which the U.S. is a member.

3.He or she must request the extended absence naturalization benefits before he or she has been absent from the U.S. for one year.

4.He or she must prove that the absence is in furtherance of his or her overseas employment.

DeclarationSite MapUseful Links
©1984 - 2024 Immigration Express All rights reserved. Designed by Dream Express Outsourcing Inc. 沪ICP备07502454号-9