Hablamos Español
Our team
Contact us
Your Questions
Confirmation Code Confirmation Code
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 

Green Card Renewal


Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) is proof of your permanent resident status in the United States. It also serves as a valid identification document and proof that you are eligible to live and work in the United States. It is important to keep your card up-to-date. Without a valid card, it may be difficult for you to prove that you are a permanent resident, and this could also affect your ability to travel or to prove your eligibility to work in the United States.

You will need to replace your green card if:

1. Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed

2. Your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday)

3. You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States

4. You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status

5.  You have a previous version of the alien registration card (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151--all no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current green card

6. Your card contains incorrect information

7. Your name or other biographic information on the card has been legally changed since you last received your card, or

8. You never received the previous card that was issued to you by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

You may submit your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, up to six (6) months prior to the expiration date on the I-551 card..


Supporting Documents

1.         Replacing Lost or Damaged Card

If your card has been lost, stolen, damaged, or you never received it, submit a copy of your card, if you have one. If you do not have a copy and are at least 18 years of age, you must submit a copy of an identity document, such as a driver's license, passport, or a copy of another document containing your name, date of birth, photograph, and signature.

2.         If you have been automatically converted to permanent residence status, you are considered to be replacing your card. Submit a copy of your temporary status document.

3.         Correction or Change in Biographical Data

If you are applying to replace a card because of a name change, you must submit a copy of the original court order or a certified copy of your marriage certificate reflecting the new name. To replace a card because of a change of any other biographic data, you must submit copies of documentation to prove that the new data is correct.



1.         You should not submit form I-90 if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring. You must use Form I-751 if you became a conditional resident through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You must use Form I-829 if you became a conditional resident based on a financial investment in a U.S. business.

2.         If you are outside the U.S. and have lost your green card, contact the nearest U.S. consulate, USCIS office or port of entry before attempting to file a Form I-90. If your Form I-90 application is approved, you will be mailed a replacement green card with a 10-year expiration date from the date it is issued.

3.         If you have reached your 14th birthday since your card was issued, additional fingerprints will be taken. You no longer need to submit photographs with Form I-90. When you file your Form I-90, USCIS will notify you in writing of the time and location where you must go for the required biometrics. Failure to appear for the biometrics may result in a denial of your application.



DeclarationSite MapUseful Links
©1984 - 2024 Immigration Express All rights reserved. Designed by Dream Express Outsourcing Inc. 沪ICP备07502454号-9